Wednesday 20 September 2017

New name for Skype for Business Online/Teams?

Hello Readers.  Hope you're well.

A really quick one today.

I was having a look around the Azure AD portal in my Office 365 tenant and found a section for Enterprise Applications and Microsoft Teams was listed.  In there, I found Provisioning and a provisioning mode which has a drop down list with a single option of Manual.

The interesting thing is the nomenclature they use for the product.  Something I haven't seen before.  But given the recent slip up that told the world that Skype was being replaced by Teams, I am not surprised.

Here's a screenshot of the page.

As you can see, they refer to the product as Skype Team Services.  Is this the new name for the mashup of Skype for Business Online and Teams in Office 365?  I guess we'll find out in the next few days.

If you have seen this or similar in Office 365, leave a comment and feel free to reach out.

That's all folks.

____________________________________________________________________________________


I hope you found this useful.  Thank you for reading.

If this or any other post has been useful to you please take a moment to share.  Comments are welcome.